The Customer Service & Operations Manager leads the Customer Service, Operations and Outgrower Teams. They provide leadership and development for the personnel within the “Customer Service and Operations” and as such will form a virtual part of the CD team as well as their line report into the Managing Director. They are accountable for the delivery of Customer Service Excellence, Quality and Outgrowers. They are responsible for providing appropriate leadership and development to the team, as the business moves through a period of rapid process and organisational change.
They have full accountability for the order cycle and the implementation of customer service offerings as agreed in the Customer Business Plan. They are responsible for supporting the Managing Director in developing strong working relationships within the company, outgrowers and key customers.
- Lead S&OP (Sales and Operations Planning) across the company and with key customers
- Understand Customer requirements and culture (strategy, structure, targets, operational standards, routines, processes, systems etc) so as to develop opportunities for reduced cost to serve, or improved service, forecast bias or on-shelf availability.
- Management and development of the team of Customer Service Specialists, Customer Replenishment Specialists and Supply Chain Innovation.
- Providing operational guidance and support to ensure an efficient order cycle is maintained – including capturing, processing and fulfilling all orders and deliveries within our trade terms guidelines. Resolve escalated operational issues internally and with Customer; anticipate and prevent future problems.
- Work closely with external customer contacts to ensure that a solid relationship is achieved and maintained through both periods of good and poor customer service. At all times seek to proactively improve delivery and make both parties supply chains more efficient.